*All attachments can be found at Student Services.
Information for Students
Columbia High School Scholarships and Awards
- Information packets were distributed to all seniors on Friday, December 15th.
- Seniors were offered assistance completing applications on Tuesday, January 30th.
- All applications are due Friday, February 23rd, 2018--no late submissions will be accepted.
- Due March 30, 2018, Town and Country Garden Club of Lancaster Award: $1,000 award to a high school senior who will be studying at a college or technical program in horticulture, landscape architecture, environmental control, city planning, land management, biology and related fields. Application/info link: http://townandcountrygardenclub.net/scholarships.html
- The Lancaster-Lebanon School Business Officials will be offering scholarships to seniors in Lancaster and Lebanon public school districts in honor of Mr. Joseph F. Kurjiaka. Please follow this link for more information and application.
- The Pennsylvania Association of Educational Office Professionals (PAEOP) welcomes all qualifying students to submit a scholarship application for the 2018 Hermine Solt Student Scholarship. This is a $500 scholarship that was established in 1992 for the purpose of aiding students in Pennsylvania to pursue higher education in a business-related field. This scholarship will be given to an eligible senior applicant graduating from a Pennsylvania High School or Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School to be used as either tuition assistance or as a school bookstore credit at any approved two or four-year post-secondary institution, college, or university majoring in the business field. (Examples include but not limited to: Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Business Communications, Business Management, Business Communications, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Computer/Technology, or Secretarial/Admin. Assistant)
Complete details including criteria, guidelines, and scholarship application can be found at PAEOP’s website: www.paeop.com – under Award & Scholarships. Applications can now be sent via email from your school guidance counselor ONLY or via regular mail to: Applications must be complete to be considered.
- NursingSchoolsAlmanac.com has just launched its fourth annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. Our website will award a $1,000 scholarship to a future nurse in the high school graduating class of 2018.
We will award this scholarship to the applicant who best demonstrates:
+ A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics
+ A passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare
This scholarship competition is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs. Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight on August 31, 2018.
Interested students may visit https://www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com and click the banner on the right-hand side of the website's homepage. Here they'll find detailed scholarship information and the official application form.
Prep for College
There’s a whole lot of stuff you need to do before you can even think about registering for classes. But don’t worry, we can help you get going in the right direction.
- The College Board – Guidelines for PSAT/NMSQT, SAT, AP courses and your college search
- EducationPlanner.org – Help for things like figuring out your future career and how to pay for school
- Brain Track – A resource listing more than 13,000 higher education institutions in 194 countries
- The Student Center – Articles, forums, blogs and forums about getting into college and paying for it
- Campus Tours – Thousands of virtual college tours & interactive campus maps
- Inside Higher Ed – The latest education-related national news
- Career Technical Education (CTE) – Preparing you to succeed in CTE and its careers
- Open Education Database – A database of online schools and degree programs
Get Financial Aid
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – Everything you need to know about applying for student aid. This is your first step when applying for loans, scholarships, grants and work-study.
- PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency) – A provider of student financial aid services, including the Pennsylvania State Grant program and other state-funded student aid programs
- YouCanDealWithIt.com – Advice on how to deal with the financial aspects of going to college
- Federal Work-Study Program – Provides opportunities for part-time work at your college or university in order to help finance your schooling
- FinAid! – Offering the SmartStudent Guide to financial aid, including a scholarship search and online calculators for college expenses
- Fastweb – A scholarship search engine for finding the elusive “free money”
- Scholarships.com – Find scholarships while colleges recruit you
- ScholarshipPoints – A point-based reward program that enables you to enter in scholarship drawings
- StudentScholarships.org – The largest scholarship database on the Web
- High Five Scholarships – A free scholarship matching service that takes into account your personal characteristics, goals and interests
Information for Parents
Check out below for brochures and flyers: